Challenge: Undercover Tourist is the leading supplier of discounted theme park tickets to Orlando, Florida-area attractions, including Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, SeaWorld and more. Undercover Tourist wanted to use its historically stellar customer service and the ever-changing social media landscape to create a robust and engaging social community. They needed a cohesive strategy (and detailed execution plan) to display credibility, responsiveness and innovation across all social media channels, in order to effectively grow their brand and differentiate them from competition.
Solution: Pigtail Media crafted a unique social media strategy, balancing budget and time constraints, to reach Undercover Tourist's target audience through a number of different touchpoints, with authentic messaging in every channel. Our goal was to make the audience feel happy at every social media touchpoint possible.
- These successful social media programs have made a direct impact on the overall increase in site conversion and improved SEO results.
- Facebook has grown from non-existent to more than 60,000 fans, and Twitter from nearly zero to 19,000 followers. Each social medium has continuous growth day after day and now has a highly active community of “super fans.”
- Under Pigtail Media's social media management and execution of promotions, these efforts have grown into some of the most successful marketing programs for Undercover Tourist, and has further established them as a leader in the theme park and family travel space.
Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown
Challenge: The Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown needed a social media presence that would reflect its identity as an active member of the Austin community, and its personality as one of the single most desirable locations for visitors. It needed a social media partner to bring to life the incredible experience they provide to guests every day.
Solution: Our first priority was achieving an authentic social media story, and to do so, we needed to learn exactly what made guests excited. For example, the sights that guests take pictures of most, the hotel elements that are mentioned most on review sites, and the tiny details mentioned to the staff about what makes this property stand out. By digging deep into what makes this hotel so special, we built a social media content plan and engaged targeted influencers to spread the message.
- Within one year, Facebook fans increased by 45% and Twitter followers increased by 57%.
- In a further effort to deliver a consistent and authentic portrayal of the hotel across online mediums, we also took on the process of responding to guests on travel review sites such as Yelp, TripAdvisor, and Expedia, achieving a 100% response rate.
- The hotel became buzzed about by visitors and online influencers with over 1,000 direct interactions on Twitter alone.
County Line BBQ
Challenge: County Line BBQ wanted to utilize social media marketing to create brand exposure for new customers in the local and tourism space, and to launch positive online chatter from their loyal customers. Rich with history, colorful stories at each location, and an extremely enthusiastic “family” of employees, they needed to learn how to showcase that story online. A seamless process was needed for their entire organization, from servers to owners, and across multiple states, to manage their brand story on social media.
Solution: We embarked on an 8-month, intensive company-wide training program, which included online webinars, group seminars, and one-on-one sessions. We built a strategy that launched social chatter based on what sparked an emotional memory about the restaurant. A platform was created for the team, which included a policy guide and an efficient reporting and management process. Employees were trained to manage online conversations, customer service, and branding and marketing initiatives.
- Every employee who participated in the training program completed the course and graduated as a Social Media Manager.
- To launch the buzz (or what we call “love”), we created offline events, focusing heavily on influential online users in real-life. For example, we helped organize a special event for influencers who were visiting The Lonestar State: a Texas-sized experience to share online when they returned home. We helped create buzz-worthy content by incorporating QR codes, which led to individualized (and hilarious) videos from Beef Stew, the resident “talking cow.” There was also a real-life bull to hop on and snag a photo with. This single event created more than 200,000 impressions in two days and had a ripple effect for months to come with influencers from all over the country "buzzing" about their newfound BBQ love, which could also be shipped. One even asked if it was possible to “marry County Line.” Now, if that’s not love, we don’t know what is.
AT&T Executive Education & Conference Center (Hotel)
Challenge: This hotel and conference center in the heart of Austin, Texas, wanted to create a social media presence for its facility to maintain positive communication online, increase traffic and sales, manage web reviews, and give it an edge among hotel and conference competition. A program was needed to lead the marketing team's launch and maintenance of their social presence.
Solution: Pigtail Media provided social media content training to the hotel and conference center's marketing team so they would be able to "take off the training wheels" and manage their own social media presence with confidence.
- The hotel and conference center learned how to identify hotel elements that could be captured on social media to bring the brand story to life on a day-to-day basis.
- Through our easy-to-use social media marketing training handbook, built specifically for this hotel, current and new team members were able to build on the success created.
- After the team was trained, Pigtail Media was asked to continue providing knowledge about the changing landscape of social media so the hotel’s team could focus on what they did best.